Friday, January 16, 2015

Carrots, Apples, Bananas; Share Your Good Intentions

What do you do with bananas when they start to go bad? Make banana bread right?! What do you do with apples and carrots when they start to turn a bit south? Uh...drawing a blank? Don't let all those good intentions go to waste, I'm talking about your good intentions to eat all those healthy apples and carrots you bought haha! Am I resonating with anyone here? Well I haven't had a go to recipe for how to use up carrots and apples, now I do, and I want to share these recipes with you. Of course when I make goodies I figure if I'm already going to be making them I might as well make a double batch. I love to share goodies and it makes the time I used baking feel super useful. 


We had a snow day so I had a little helper in the kitchen. I wasn't planning on baking or making breakfast, but the snow day quickly threw out all my best laid plans. Since I'm sharing recipes I might as well share what we had for breakfast. Well it was just pancakes, but I doubled the batch and used half of them in a pancake casserole that has to be refrigerated overnight. I love using my time to kill two birds with one stone and I think from now on when I make pancakes I will do this. Did I mention yet how yummy it was??? It was a hit at my house! (I didn't add the streusel, and added almond meal to the pancakes). How great right, making breakfast for two days at once?! Well, I didn't get up early enough the next day to put them in the oven for 50mins, but that night we had it for dinner with bacon since the baby was fussy and only wanted to be held because she got some shots. So it worked out great!
 I'm all about trying to be efficient with my time, any tips you have and want to share would be awesome! Who knows who could be helped by reading your tip! The more efficient we are with our time the more time we have to reach out to others. So how do you make the most use of your time?



Here is the recipe for the Apple Carrot bread which is one of the yummy breads found on this pinboard. It turned out super yummy, I was worried because it was a lot of grated carrot and apple which now that I know it tastes sooo good makes me even happier because it's plum full of goodness, and a little sugar ;) I printed out a copy of this recipe and will keep it next to my banana bread recipe. Also I love buying these little boxes to share treats in. I buy them at either Marshall's or Homegoods.


Last, but not least is my ALL time FAVORITE Banana Bread recipe!
Which is found in the Recipe Hall of Fame Cook Book.

                                      Best Ever Banana Bread

1 cup butter                   3 Cups sugar  
6 eggs                             3 cups sour cream (I use plain yogurt)   
4tsp baking soda            2tsp vanilla       
4-5 bananas,mashed      1tsp salt  
 5 cups flour

Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs. Mix sour cream and baking soda together in separate bowl and let stand until foamy. Add the rest of the ingredients or the above mixtures and mix well. Place into 4 greased and floured 9x5 inch bread pans and bake at 350 degrees or until tooth-pick inserted comes out clean.

Scatter Sunshine!

   -DeAnn :)


2 comments:

  1. Good articles, Have you heard of LFDS (Le_Meridian Funding Service, Email: lfdsloans@outlook.com --WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740--lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) is as USA/UK funding service they grant me loan of $95,000.00 to launch my business and I have been paying them annually for two years now and I still have 2 years left although I enjoy working with them because they are genuine Loan lender who can give you any kind of loan.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what your thinking and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by :) Come back soon! (I respond to every comment via e-mail so it won't show up here unfortunately)