Thursday, February 28, 2013

Manicotti for Lunch?


This Dish & Serve is brought to you by one of my bestest friends since the 7th grade! That's a long time people! This is Renae, she now lives in FL and she had a great experience with her first Dish & Serve, she even decided to do another one! That means in the near future I will post her second Dish & Serve all about beautiful *pink* PB cookies. Yeah, you have got to see that one! This is how Renae chose to Dish & Serve:


I work at a local bakery with two other people. We are always extremely busy and hardly ever have any time for breaks. I usually take my own lunch each day and on Fridays, dinner because we usually work from 9 am to 10 pm.  My two co-workers most of the time go get fast food, or order Domino's pizza which is right next door on a daily basis. I decided that they should have a home cooked meal! I took them a homemade manicotti dish and also took some frozen garlic break since that is what I enjoy with my manicotti! They were really appreciative :) 




















Manicotti Recipe:
Manicotti Shells (7 shells, feeds 3-4)
Marinara sauce (1/2 Jar)
Ricotta Cheese (about 3/4 of a small 15 oz container)
Cream Cheese (1 block)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (1-1.5 cups)
Pepper, garlic salt, Red Crushed peppers
Flat serving tray

Boil Manicotti shells, see directions on the box.
Brown the meat, season with pepper, garlic salt, and crushed red peppers to liking.In a separate bowl mix ricotta, cream cheese and half the mozzarella (save some for the top!). Once the meat is done combine it with the cheese mixture.
Stuff the shells with your creamy delicious mixture, Easiest way to stuff is get a large ziploc bag, cut a small slice off the corner andput your mix in the bag. I have also used a spoon or butter knife but takes longer!

In your flat serving tray, spread some marinara sauce to cover the bottom. Place stuffed manicottis in a row, cover with marinara sauce and top with shredded mozzarella cheese! Bake in the over until marinara sauce is boiling. 

I know this recipe is delicious, Renae sent it to me over a year ago and I had to try it! Thank you, Renae for sharing your experience and this great recipe!

 How will you Dish & Serve? Contact me at dish.n.serve@gmail.com

-Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what your thinking and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by :) Come back soon! (I respond to every comment via e-mail so it won't show up here unfortunately)