Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Assuming makes an --- out of you and me!?

(In all my techy glory...can you hear the sarcasm? I am trying to figure out how to make quotes into free printables but I don't know how yet so feel free to print or use them if you can)
I have seen this quote floating around lately and was super happy to get a comment on my blog last week from Sarah from Simply Sarah Style. This is what she said...  
"Ironic you mention this. I just did a blog post on this topic last week. A very simple (some may say small) token went a long way in making my day and I had to share. As far as quotes, I came across this one on Pinterest that really made me think: "Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." 
I think people are quick make judgements based on appearance or actions, but you never know what a person is experiencing. I thought this quote was a nice reminder to be kind at all times. :)" 
I was going to use it next week for in a blog post...remember my last post where I asked you to send me quotes that started a fire in your heart and made you stop and think??? I got a few responses but would love more! So don't be shy! Take a second and leave me a comment... or send me an e-mail with a quote that has spoken to your lately.If you want I would love it if you said why it gave you pause to think.

I used Sarah's quote because it totally (I have noticed I have been using this word in posts...kinda annoying?) fits in with my train of thought this morning. I had a brief conversation with two friends a few days ago and it gave me pause to think. One of the ladies revealed that she has a medical issue...which I had no idea about until this conversation. She keeps it well under control but it is something that has caused her severe problems in the past. She had a very positive attitude and I was just really inspired (yes I like this word! and it's totally not annoying ;) by it! The other friend has a medical issue that causes her some severe pain about once a year but she deals with it so well too. I have an issue that flares up a few times a year and I am getting better about having a positive attitude but it can be really hard at times. My point in telling you this is because it just drove home to me how we are ALL fighting a hard battle but a lot of time if it's not jumping out at us it's easy to assume that they aren't struggling with something in life. So really we should just assume that everyone is struggling with something in life, I would say that is a safe assumption as assumptions go...wouldn't you???

I am just saying we ALL have a lot of pain to deal, which either makes us bitter or compassionate, angry or more able to feel joy. In this life lets try and think outside ourselves and lighten the load for one another and the beauty of it is if your cleaning dog vomit of your friends carpet you will walk away much happier then if it had been your own carpet ;)... Doing for others makes us happy and when we are happy there is less stress in OUR lives and our burdens become lighter. You don't have to solve world hunger today just bring a sick friend some dinner (I am sure you have at least one sick friend right now, tizz the season), lighten there load bring happiness to their heart and yours.

Here is a music video I saw at Time Out For Women and I just knew it had to go on my blog.



Here is a girl who has had some serious health struggles and yet finds time to think of others.



Have a great day! Always love to hear what you're thinking...ready...go!!!

If you haven't already you should take a quick click and like The SIP project Facebook page :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I don't even know where to start with the quotes! A few of my favorites are:

    "Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved" -Thomas S. Monson

    "If you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind goes when it wanders."

    "Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes."

    "If you don't have time to pray or read your scriptures, you are busier than God ever intended you to be."

    "If you are going through something hard and wonder where God is, remember, the teacher is always quiet during the test."

    "By becoming the answer to someones prayer, we often find the answer to our own." Deiter Uchtdorf

    and, of course, "When all else fails, take a nap." :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what your thinking and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by :) Come back soon! (I respond to every comment via e-mail so it won't show up here unfortunately)