Saturday, January 21, 2012

Service trip to South America


                   

This is Emily she has one more semester before she graduates from Dental school. We grew up in the same town together. She sent out a message on Facebook (the message below) and I told her I would put it on my blog. If you have further questions or would like to help, you can e-mail her. Every cent counts and will help get her on her way to using her skills to serve those in need in South America. My brother in law is a nurse and volunteered on a Navy ship of the coast of Peru for a month in April 2011. His experiences were priceless as well as the service he gave. Check it out and help if you are up to it. If nothing else hopefully you are inspired by her willingness to serve.


"Dear Family and Friends,


I hope this message finds you well. I have the opportunity to go on a mission trip this year with a group based out of Louisiana. They have been doing medical and dental work in the jungles of Belize for a number of years. The small villages I would be traveling to are very remote and have little to no access to medical or dental services. I need $1,800.00 to go on this mission trip. This cause is very dear to my heart and I am asking if you would be willing to please make a donation to me, any amount will help, so that I can be apart of this wonderful experience. I know this is very short notice, but all donations would need to be received by February 1st, 2012. Please pass this message along to anyone else who may be willing to help. "


Thank you so very much,
Emily Gladden


My e-mail address is: goshi_girl23@hotmail.com






Here is the link to the mission group web page:


http://www.dosamigos.org/Dos_Amigos_Dental_Medical_Missions/Home.html


"For over two decades, Dos Amigos has traveled to the remote areas of Belize to offer compassionate care and vital medicines. One of the poorest regions of the Northern Hemisphere, the Toledo District of Belize is blessed with beautiful people, culture and environment. However, dental and medical care is often not available in the villages.We are volunteers committed to providing treatment, medications and encouragement to the wonderful people of Belize."


-Dr. Mike Guevara (left) and Dr. Joe Lindsay have practices in Slidell, Louisiana and began Dos Amigos in 1988



Dos Amigos Dental Medical Missions
www.dosamigos.org
For over two decades, Dos Amigos has traveled to the remote areas of Belize to offer compassionate care and vital medicines. One of the poorest regions of the Northern Hemisphere, the Toledo District of Belize is blessed with beautiful people, culture and environment. However, dental and medical car...




Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what your thinking and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by :) Come back soon! (I respond to every comment via e-mail so it won't show up here unfortunately)